Saturday, April 18, 2009

Part IV: Uh oh!

After the fun day in Amsterdam we went to the Red Light District for dinner. I had split pea soup with a side of bacon and weird bread with salad on it. Yum! I also tried some pannakoken and bitterballen. Or some things that are spelled and pronounced vaguely similar to those words. It was all mighty tasty! We saw people dressed up for a football game- it was a sea of bright orange! We didn't see any scantily clad women (except on playing cards) because we left at 8:00(Or should I say 20:00) in order to get a train back. I got way too many souvenirs. I got a sunburn. I got split pea soup with ham and sausage. It was a great day! I'm glad that I'm 75% Dutch!

We got back to camp pretty late. Two girls slept in the bathroom(it was clean and warm!) but i opted to layer and stay in the not-so-clean not-so-warm tent. I wore:
-normal socks with two knee-high socks over
-leggings
-jeans
-sweat pants
-four shirts
-one long sleeve shirt
-one sweater
-one wool jacket

I got a bit cold, but it was a-ok! Then we woke, took showers, dissemble the tents and left. Breakfast on the road consisted of:
-Haribo
-gummy vitamins
-Ritz-like crackers
-Potato chips
-Wilhemina mints

Breakfast of champions! (Of course, coke was the beverage again. Nice!) p.s.- In Belgium and Holland there are so many people who run. Through fields. Weird!

(Next Entry. This is where the Uh oh! comes in.)
We made it to Germany! Now we're leaving.

1 comment:

  1. Where is the Uh oh?! The suspense is killing me!!!

    ReplyDelete