Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Beautiful Barcelona!

Hello, I hope everyone is having a lovely day! I went to Barcelona last weekend, and have quite a few exciting stories to relate. I also took masses of pictures, so will probably take a few entries to explicate my trip fully. (By the way, isn’t explicate such a neat word? Why just explain when you can elucidate by explicating?)

So, we left for Barcelona on Friday at 9:50 in the morning. We took RyanAir, a budget European airline. It wasn’t bad at all! My favorite part of the flight happened as we went over the Pyrenees. They’re pretty darn immense. Everything went swimmingly, and we ended up in lovely apartments around dinner time. Here’s a picture of the bedroom and the view we had from the balcony.

Dinner was pretty good, but also pretty expensive. I got a Spanish Tortilla. That’s actually just like an omelet, if you were wondering. I also tried some seafood Paella which is another typical Spanish dish. We got Sangria with the meal, trying again to be as Spanish as possible. It worked! I felt a bit embarrassed while trying to use my Spanish, but of course everyone spoke English and would switch over after a “pues...” or two.

After dinner we walked around the area by our apartments, which was filled with happy people, street vendors and creepy street performers. Here’s an example of a tree lady. She was making weird-tree-movements (note that I’m not saying tree movements that were weird. If there are weird, socially awkward trees they look like her.)

I’ll save the rest of the story for another day as it’s dinner time!

No comments:

Post a Comment