Friday, May 15, 2009

Umbrella Etiquette, etc.

Hokey. Pete. this is the answer to the question "How is that new Star Trek movie?" I almost wept. In one of the first scenes there's an explosion from a ship to space. Guess what? The explosion doesn't make noise in space! It's like they know! I'd recommend that you start trekking to a cinema as soon as possible to trek it out! (I know I don't get any star for that trek pun.)

Unsurprisingly enough, the weather was far too gloomy today for me to go to the castle park. I thus just went to town at 3:30. My umbrella got to enjoy freedom for only the second time in its admittedly pathetic life. I found out about umbrella etiquette. When an umbrella holder(who shall henceforth be referred to as Sue) passes by a non-umbrella holder, (who shall be called poor-soaked-guy) Sue should lift up her umbrella to kep from hitting poor-soaked-guy. when sue passes another umbrella holder, though, there are no definite rules. The two must non-verbally negotiate the easiest possible way to pass without getting an umbrella spike in the jugular.

To be honest, the world of umbrella etiquete was a bit daunting for a desert-dweller. I also felt a bit chilly and, after stepping in a few puddles my shoes became somewhat damp. I also had to walk uphill. Both ways. I was miserable. And I loved it.

Now, since I should be studying, I've made a word puzzle. Here are the rules:

For each pair, fill in the blanks with THE SAME two letters to make the top word read forward and the bottom word read backward. Then write the two letters added to each numbered pair (in the order given) into the blank at the bottom to complete what I should be doing. (Note: it's a British thing to say!)

1)CA_ _ FUL
NOISSIM_ _ TNI

2)RE_ _ LE
YLE_ _ L

3)_ _ NK
LUFS_ _ LB

4)TA_ _
TA_ _ (ooh! look at that! palindrome for the last one!)

What I should be doing instead of making puzzles: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. careful intermission
    revile lively
    sink blissful
    tang gnat.
    What you should be doing: writing your mommy!
    or revising. whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I did write to you! but on skype... which you aren't using for some reason.

    ReplyDelete