Thursday, January 22, 2009

Off Day

Don’t expect any alliteration at all; also don’t expect well written sentences; also don’t expect originality; also don’t expect coherent writing. I mean, look at that title! It's so dull.

I have wonderful things to discuss, but please don't expect amusing and witty prose. (Which I know you're used to.) I’m just feeling a little lazy and lethargic. So, where to start? First, let’s discuss an interesting fact.

You know the “I spy” game? They play differently in England! They say, not “I spy something green,” but rather “I spy something starting with the letter g.” That would be grass, not gorillas. Did you guess correctly?

Yesterday I went to a “jam night.” Yum! No, it wasn’t tea and crumpets or anything. Sorry to disappoint. People who sang and/or played instruments went to a makeshift stage to perform a few songs. For instance, some people played All Right Now, and halfway through a trumpeter (...One who plays trumpet, no?) came up and started playing along, who was joined by a saxophonist. A trombonist even played a few songs! (Speaking of trombones, did you know that Rosa Parks thought they were the best instruments in the world? Ah, noble trombones!)

There was also a group who did beat-boxing and a sort of rapping. They were quite good, though some other performers were not blessed with the same amount of musical talent. It’s ok, though, because it was in a bar and people therefore were not as judgmental as they might have been.

At the end, most of the performers (or around 10 people) went up to have a final “jam session”. It consisted of a lot of scatting, some discordant parts, but a great finale that lasted a few minutes. Think every instrument trying to get in the last big “ta-da!” Intense!

There was also a Foosball table, although here I believe it’s called a table-soccer table. I got to show some people who the Foosball boss is, (that would be me! Yes.) and got to make some people cry. It was a good night! Tonight I’m going to a dance party, and might be going to a fencing club meeting. Tomorrow I’m going to a glow-in-the-dark dance party! (Hopefully there will be some cool pictures the following day.) Saturday I’m going to London! No rest for the weary, I suppose! I need to stop using so many exclamation marks! I think I'll just stop writing now! Til next time!

2 comments:

  1. Was it gorilla scat? Scary!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you cheat at table soccer and spin your men? I can only imagine what image they have of us now....

    ReplyDelete