Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekends and Work.

I had a nice and somewhat relaxing weekend. I went to Colchester twice to shop, which is pretty amusing since I have literally no cash left. I cannot take money out of my bank accounts using my credit card, see, and have not gotten my Barclays card yet. So my shopping trips were exercises in futility. The first time I ended up looking for a phone. There are pay-as-you-go phones here for 5 pounds, and I can get 1000 free texts for signing up! Hoorah for global recessions! There are also tons of sales, which I could enjoy if I weren’t cash-free. (Doesn’t that sound better than broke? Nothing- not even money- can take my freedom! I’m cash-free!)

Last night I played squash. Have you ever played? It’s surprisingly fun, and reminds me of wall-ball with rackets. One just hits a ball against the wall and the next person has to hit the next one within one bounce. One can only hit the ball in a certain region on the wall. I don’t really know the rules, though, since we only played for fun.

Last night I also made some baking experiments with Sabine, my flatmate. The day before we had sugar coated aloe. Yesterday we made caramel and caramel coated kiwi, carrots, plums, and oranges. We also made a tasty creation with the caramel and oatmeal. We even made a berry-oatmeal treat. It was a fun, diabetes inducing night. Here are some pictures of the beauty.













Look how happy everyone is, even though the two on the left(along with others from the flat) were forced at spoon-point to try the tasty treats.

Paper time means I’m becoming abnormally and frighteningly focused on the English language. So here’s a poem! It’s understandably a bit off. But see, the second part of each line is an anagram of the first part! You can tell because the start of each anagram is capitalized. Neat-o!

I was at my race. My wait? a scare.
But it stretches on. The bitter counts
Of fear -no. An offer. o!
Contenders pause- Purest ones dance;
A thing in the Night in heat
Finally they Fly. any lithe
One now Won one.
“I beat her!” I breathe.

3 comments:

  1. Keep playing with your food!!
    I just don't know what to say about your poem. I especially like the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food looks good. But:

    O, now verse was worse’n waves o
    Slob wit. It blows.

    (actually, now that I've tried it, it's really hard to do!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it is! It's way more difficult than the coursework I should have been doing...

    ReplyDelete