Sunday, February 1, 2009

Astoundingly Abnormal Antics

I am a bit worried about my recent activities, as I could not decide whether to title this entry about a silent disco or about an epic potato war. Choices. Well, I will try to explain the night in a chronological fashion. First I went to a Social Night with the Anglicans, where I learned of a wonderful, nerdy show called the IT Crowd, ate a lot of pizza, and watched Little Miss Sunshine.

I then went to get tickets for the Silent Disco with five other people. We were first in the queue, and were told that there were only thirty tickets left. At least we would all get one, right? But alas, unbeknownst to us, only two tickets remained. Though I was second in line I got one because I went to the cash line. There was also a register for online purchases, which Madeline, first in line, went to. She ended up not getting a ticket because the person did not tell her until it was sold out that she was in the incorrect line. Wicked Fate!


A nice picture of some people silently enjoying time together.


So, I went to Silent Disco but without most of the people who I was going to go with. It was still fun, but not really silent. While I could hear what was being yelled at me without too much difficulty, the ambient noise and singing was still loud enough to cause at least some hearing impairment. I enjoyed taking off my headphones during the most exciting part of the chorus and hearing everyone screaming the words.

Silent Disco lasted until three. When we got back the less fortunate people were in Madeline’s room having a mini flat-party. Most of the people left pretty soon after we got back. Then, for some reason, potatoes began being tossed about in a friendly way. The next part I remember is when David, Madeline’s flat mate, bounced a potato off a table and hit me. I blame him for the chaos that ensued, because soon there were so many potatoes flying around that it looked like... Idaho. Well I suppose potatoes don’t generally fly around in Idaho, so it looked like a plane flying potatoes out of Idaho, or something. Maybe mutant potato-hummingbird creatures. Really they just looked like a bunch of airborne potatoes, but that's not the most exciting image. Speaking of exciting, the image below shows one of the many casualties of the night. Poor Santa.


This, and other curious activities like it, went on until 5:00. Not 17:00, mind you. If only. I then shuffled off to bed, feeling slightly guilty about the potato destruction. These things happen, I guess.

7 comments:

  1. Poor Santa got mostly eaten by a gorilla...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on cue, Jenika responded that cues are lines. For instance, gorillas were probably forming a cue to eat Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the pool hall, do you see a queue of cues?

    For instance, in a futile attempt to ward off the gorillas, Santa ran into the pool hall, but he couldn't decide which stick to grab from the queue of cues, and the gorilla's mashed him like a sack of Idaho potatoes before he armed himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! of course, I needed a cue that queue is spelled differently. But he armed himself after being mashed? What a Queue-t!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If he had armed himself before, he wouldn't have gotten smashed. viva la second ammendment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He should have quit while he was a head! Or maybe a bit beforehand...

    ReplyDelete